Welcome to avocado heaven… This is my go to, weeknight, quick and easy, nutrient rich and protein packed, smashed avocado and tahini salad recipe.
If you didn’t know already, I have a serious things for avocados. Case in point, my Grape, Avocado, Walnut, Arugula, and Hemp Seed Salad, or my Quinoa, Black Bean and Avocado Fiesta Bowl, or my Heirloom Tomato Salad with Blistered Jalapeno-Corn Vinaigrette, my Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Bowl, or how about my Easy Avocado Pasta…
WHOA… that’s a lot! But this recipe elevates my avocado love… to an obsession.
Care to join?
I think this salad is perfect for when you’re craving something substantial and nutrient-rich.
The greens, cucumber and tomatoes give you loads of water rich vegetables, the cabbage and almonds add that right amount of crunch, the chickpeas and hemp seeds add a burst of protein, the currents add a touch of sweetness, and the avocado and tahini smooth out your palate and flavor pack the salad… not to mention tahini gives you loads of calcium, and avocado your fat and satisfaction hit.
It’s ideal for preparing ahead of time and bringing along to work, errands, meetings, or kids stuff. Just keep the avocado and dressing separate so the salad remains crunchy and fresh.
Seriously people, make this salad when you’re wanting something healthy yet filling for lunch or for dinner. Serve it as an appetizer at your next dinner party or enjoy it as a main all to yourself.
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups shredded cabbage/carrot mix*
- ¼ cup currents
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 large avocado, thin diced
- ¼ cup hemp seeds (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped curly parsley
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave)
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup water
- To assemble the salad, layer the spinach, cabbage/carrot mixture, currents, slivered almonds, chickpeas, cucumber and tomatoes.
- Scoop out the diced avocado and smash it with a fork on top of the salad and top with the parsley, hemp seeds (if using) and pepper.
- To make the dressing mix all the ingredients in a bowl with a whisk.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and enjoy.