Hum…. This IS IT folks! Can you tell I’ve been obsessed with smoothie bowls lately?
Let me show you the ways….
I’ve literally tried to make every smoothie bowl out there. And OMG are they yummy!
But sometimes these recipes are too complicated. Like, no I don’t have 10 different types of fresh tropical fruit in my fridge right now?!…. I don’t even have almond milk today.
So, let’s take this 10 ingredient ordeal and turn it around into a easy, go to, always in my fridge (and freezer) antioxidant packed smoothie bowl recipe. You ready folks, OK let’s go.
So, let’s start with the fruit. One fresh banana and a bag of frozen mixed berries. Add a splash of water and blend right up…
Pour it onto a bowl, top it with your favorite granola, nuts, seeds and fresh fruit and berries, and let’s call it good.
No, actually let’s call it GREAT, super cool, refreshing, sweet, crunchy and OMG so yummy! Seriously, could there be a more healthy breakfast than this?! I..don’t..think..so…
This is so good it’s on the menu at home every weekend for the entire family. 5 minutes, fruit, a blender, and done. Smooth, satisfying and ohhh so much fun to top with any ingredients in the pantry… Seriously people, really enjoy this one!
- 2 ripe banans
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup water
- Nuts, seeds, shredded coconut
- Sliced strawberries
- Sliced banana
- Any other topping you desire...
- Place pealed bananas at the bottom of the blender. Add the mixed frozen berries and water. Blend on high until a thick smooth consistency is reached.
- Pour smoothie into two bowls and top with the granola, nuts, and fresh fruit. Enjoy!