I told you there are days I only eat a big, giant, bowl of… mauhahaha,… sinful salad for dinner.
Ok, so maybe it’s not that mauhahaha….and definitely not sinful, but I really find these greens, veggies, fruits, nuts and seeds oh sooo delicious.
Avocados, seeds and nuts are my secret weapon when it comes to tossing together a bowl of yummy and satisfying goodness. And super simple, make in 2 minute, vinaigrette dressings are just what salads like these need to put them over the top.
In this recipe we throw in some hemp seeds. As one of the most nutrient dense seeds on the planet, they are a complete protein, delivering 10 grams per ounce. They are an awesome addition to any vegetarian or vegan diet. They contain a balance of omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids that promote heart health, reduce inflammation, lower triglycerides, promote brain health, and support your immune system. These are little flakes of creamy goodness you can throw onto any salad, anytime.
This salad has everything delicious and nutritious rolled into one. Greens, grapes, beets, red onions, nuts, creamy avocado, walnuts and hep seeds. And a tangy white balsamic dressing to marry it all together.
Friends, I think I’m in love, with a salad.
- 5 cups packaged arugula
- 1 cup red grapes, sliced in halves
- 1 cup green grapes, sliced in halves
- 2 roasted beets, thick diced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup lightly toasted walnuts
- 2 avocados, diced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbs shelled hemp seeds
- Toss all the ingredients for the salad together in a large bowl.
- Place all ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and whisk or in a dressing shaker and shake away.
- Dress the salad and enjoy.